Wednesday, April 4, 2012

KOP News # 1069

 

Liverpool Agree £2.5M Deal for Russian Wonderkid Lakov Tekaz

Posted on 01. Apr, 2012 by April Fools in News, Rumours

115Share

Liverpool have agreed a deal with semi-professional Russian outfit, FK Kanotvin, to bring their young teen sensation Lakov Tekaz to Anfield. Tekaz, who has been hailed as the new Lionel Messi, will complete his reported £2.5M move subject to a medical and work permit.

It is believed that a host of European clubs were scouting the 18-year-old who has scored 56 goals in 18 appearances at semi professional level. But it was Liverpool who secured the young striker's signature after representatives flew out to see the player in the early hours of yesterday morning.

"It was an offer I couldn't turn down" said Tekaz.

"To play for a club like Liverpool is a dream come true. They very much play to my style of football and I believe I have what it takes to contribute to their playing style.

"If you would have told me a year ago I would become a professional footballer I would have laughed, but today is one of the proudest days of my life and I hope to repay the faith shown in me by Liverpool Football Club.

"Of course, there were other clubs interested, but as soon as I heard Liverpool's name I knew where I wanted to go"

With the Anfield outfit beating several clubs to the player's signature, including a few Premier League rivals, it will be interesting to see how Liverpool incorporate Lakov Tekaz into a team which could really do with a cutting edge in front of goal.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...