Tuesday, April 24, 2012

KOP News # 1145

Skrtel: Duo would get my vote

24th Apr 2012 - Latest News

Martin Skrtel has been many people's LFC player of the season - but the defender has his own ideas as to which of his teammates deserves the accolade.

Daniel Agger is among those who have voiced the opinion that Skrtel has been our star performer, while Jose Enrique claims he wouldn't swap the Slovakian for any defender in the Barclays Premier League based on his form this term.

But these two haven't done badly themselves, according to Skrtel.

Asked by the Official Matchday Programme for his LFC player of the season, he said: "It's very difficult to say. I don't think it's been our best season, especially in the league. Maybe Jose, he's played in nearly every game in the league and done well.

"Daniel is another. He was unlucky to get injured, but when he has played I think he's been very good.

"I think it's one of those two. I'm not just saying Daniel because he said me. I've played with him a lot and know how good he is."

The 27-year-old was also quizzed on who he thought had been the best defender in the top flight during 2011-12.

He replied: "Vincent Kompany. He's played very well."

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...