Wednesday, June 6, 2012

KOP News # 1272

'Rodgers will improve players'

5th Jun 2012 - Latest News

Swansea defender Neil Taylor reckons the Liverpool squad should be very excited about working with Brendan Rodgers.

Our new manager was a favourite among both supporters and players at former club Swansea.

One of his most vocal fans has been defender Neil Taylor, who said: "I think the Liverpool players should be relishing working with Brendan.

"I think he is great to work with and he will make them all better players, even the ones who are already world-class.

"The style of football we play, I think everybody has enjoyed watching it this year, and I am sure Liverpool will have seen it and they should be excited to work with him.

"The two years I have been there he personally has made me into a player I didn't know I could be and he will push the players to be the best they can be.

"I think I was asked in February/March whether I was worried about him leaving and I think I said then he can be a top-four manager - it's as simple as that. He can work at that level."

These latest quotes follow comments last season from Taylor in which he likened the set up at Swansea to that at Barcelona.

He said: "At Swansea the whole club is set up in the same way as Barcelona.

"Brendan has got everything you need to be a top, top manager. He has had praise heaped on him by Jose Mourinho, which is an indicator of his potential.

"One of Barca's biggest strengths is their composure. If they do let a goal or even two in they just keep playing the same way, they have the confidence they will overcome regardless of any setbacks. 

"That is something which is difficult to achieve but not impossible. We have the same attitude at Swansea with Brendan."

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...