Monday, May 21, 2012

KOP News # 1232

Gerrard speaks out on Dalglish's departure

Posted by Ron in Dalglish, Featured, Gerrard | 0 comments

 

May 18, 12

The dust still hasn't settled at Anfield following the departure of Kenny Dalglish. Names are already being thrown around as to who will take over from Kenny, with the likes of Martinez, Villas-Boas and Benitez being mentioned.

One thing is for sure, the departure of Dalglish has left many fans saddened and players too.

Steven Gerrard has spoken out about his feelings towards Kenny leaving. The skipper said, "The last 24 hours has been a rollercoaster for me.

"I am very sad to see Kenny leave our club. He is my idol and will always be my idol and I would like to express my thanks and appreciation for what he has done for my career.

"My focus now is on doing my best for England in the European Championships and then returning to Liverpool for a new season where we will look to build on the progress of the last 18 months and be competitive at the business end of the Premier League."

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...