Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Liverpool Forward Babel May Make January Loan Move (Goal.com)

The Netherlands international explains his desire to leave in the January window if he is not offered suitable pitch-time.

Sep 2, 2009 5:42:26 AM

Ryan Babel, Liverpool (foto ANP)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Ryan Babel, Liverpool (foto ANP)

Liverpool striker Ryan Babel's chances of ensuring his ticket with the Netherlands squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa largely hinges on how much pitch-time he is offered at the Anfield outfit, and the Dutchman has intimated that he would be willing to take a loan spell away from the club in January if his appearances are minimal.

Babel joined Rafael Benitez's Reds in 2007, yet has started just one fixture all season thus far. A return loan to Ajax, his former club, Babel claims, would not be rejected should one be a possible.

He told De Telegraaf, "There have been a lot of things promised, but they haven't been followed up. I would get to play for more minutes and have more chances, but after the first defeat, I only lost my place.

"I think half a season at Ajax with a view to the World Cup wouldn't be a bad idea," he continued. "I can add something to the Ajax squad.

"Loaning me out was not an option [in the summer]. Now we have agreed to review the situation in January.

"I see the current situation as a signal that I really have to get playing."

Alan Dawson, Goal.com

For more news on England, visit Goal.com's England section!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...